The History of College Library dates back to 1905 when the College was temporarily established at Deolali, India. In 1907 when the College shifted from Deolali to Quetta, the Library was housed in one room. The new Library Complex completed in August 1992 was inaugurated by the then COAS General Abdul Waheed, NI (M), HI (M) in June 1993. In June 2002 it was named Ghazi Library after Lieutenant Gen Tariq Waseem Ghazi (ex Commandant) in recognition of his untiring efforts for the College in general and Library in particular.
The story of the Library will be incomplete without mentioning the crucial role played by Lieutenant Colonel (later Commander - In - Chief of Pakistan Army) Agha Mohammad Yahya Khan who was member of the Faculty at the time of independence. He safeguarded the repository from the Indian Faculty Members who wanted to split the Library and peculate a portion to India. Lieutenant Colonel Yahya slept in the Library for several consecutive nights shielding this treasure of knowledge...More